An “About Us” page is one of the most important but undervalued elements of a website.
There is much you can include. Here are a 6 things to get you started.
1. Other than to make money why does your business exist?
2. Tell your business story. Use a company history timeline. It is a great way to highlight achievements without bragging.
3. Show the people behind your business. Humans are attracted to humans, so include photos of company employees. Include “individual information and personal interests. Use video to show off your human side.
4. What are you most proud of as a business?
5. What does your business stand for?
6. What does your business stand against?
People buy from people they like and trust.
An "About Us" page can help people decide if you are the business to buy from.
(Inspired by and adapted from "The About Us Page in a Social World" by Wizard of Ads Partner Bryan Eisenberg. Bryan is the recognized authority and pioneer in online marketing, improving online conversion rates, persuasive content, and persona marketing. Bryan is recognized by eConsultancy members as one of the top 10 User Experience Gurus, he was selected as one of the inaugural iMedia Top 25 Marketers, and a DMEF Rising Star Award winner in 2010.)